How to Adopt
Our goal is to make a compatible match between a dog and its potential owner. We do not guarantee your application will be approved for the dog you are interested in adopting.
The adoption fee is $175.
All dogs are:
- Spayed or neutered
- Started on heartworm preventative
- Given DHLPP, Bordetella, and rabies vaccinations
- Started on flea/tick preventative
Puppies under 14 weeks old do not receive rabies vaccinations. It is the responsibility of their new owner to make sure this vaccination is given at the appropriate age. All medical information will be discussed with you once your application has been approved.
In order to be considered as a potential adopter, you must meet the following criteria and complete the entire application:
- 25 years of age or older.
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord.
- Be willing and able to spend the time and money to provide the proper training and medical treatment for the dog.
- Meet other conditions that RAWL determines are required for a specific dog, such as having a fenced yard.
- Agree to the terms of a Trial Period as described below.
RAWL offers a 30-day money-back trial period. The trial period is intended to give you enough time to help your newly adopted dog fit into your household and ensure a good fit with your family and other pets.
After the trial period, if you are no longer able to care for your adopted dog, that dog must be returned to RAWL.
Our available dogs can be viewed at Petfinder.
All potential adopters must fill out an adoption application.
Open the application in Adobe Reader, fill it out on your computer screen, save it, then email the saved copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also print it and fill it out, take copies or digital images of the filled out pages, and email those.
Our canine alumni can be seen at our Facebook page.